Sunday, October 1

The October long weekend

DSC_0002DSC_0001
Ok i know there are no pics (except these of the program, taken the next morning), but it's prob better that my camera was not with me this weekend. Saturday night i was headed over to marquee for 'Back in the Day'. There were several reasons, mainly saying goodbye to both Kate & Liset, but also was invited up for Pen's birthday. Got to say my farewells, and catch up with others before walking up to Annandale for a warehouse party.
Showed up at the party and introduced myself to alot of people, so i wasn't just the outsider who only knew the djs. Rich even dropped by to play a set for us. Pretty good party but about 4-5am me and Damo bolted off to get ready...
Now, I had no intention of going but in my state was quite easily persuaded to attempt Parklife entry. So me and Damo dropped by his place for showers and protein shakes.
D already had his ticket so he was fine and his other friend had paid an exorbitant amount from some scalper. Me i just wandered the perimeter for another 20Min's before finding a large group milling about the side so i joined them...
All of a sudden someone yelled "RUN" and everyone bolted towards the fence I think security only managed to stop about 5 of the 40 that made it through (i was one of the lucky ones). Only prob now that i had no credit, So i wandered around trying to find everyone until i felt a little queasy, and found myself a place in the sun and sat down (may have even fallen asleep at some point).
Though just shortly before the Sun had gone down a couple joined me for some sunlight. But apparently i must have looked pretty munted as this girl started making sure i was alright, prob didn't help that i was shivering like a crazed man because of the cold wind blowing up my shirt. Her boyfriend grabbed out the Tiger Balm and had her rub it into my back to try and warm me up a bit... and it helped alot (though, i wish i had remembered to get their contact details so i could thank them). But as soon as the sun got too low i had to leave and make my way home.
Looking at the time Parklife should still be going now, by tomorrow morning it will be Munt Central with people passed out left and right or just hugging some random person or object. Oh well, i still have tomorrow left... What to do...

1 comment: